Court Header Image

Name Change

A person desiring to change his or her name must be a resident of the county for at least one year prior to the filing of an application.

Applications must be filed in the probate court in the county in which the applicant resides.

A name change is an amendment to the birth certificate, it does not change the original birth certificate.